Saturday, August 7, 2010

Friday, August 6, 2010

Our first dive was around 7:15am. Trey got up at 6am to take some great sunrise pictures of the Phi Phi Islands in the distance. I wasn’t feeling my best so I stayed in bed as long as possible. The first dive of the morning was just us three overnighters and the dive guide. The next two dives had two other day trippers. The dives were good and we saw a giant moray eel in the coral on one dive. On another dive there were two jellyfish hanging out above us when we did our safety stop that we had to navigate around as we surfaced. We had more fantastic food for lunch, packed out stuff, and finished off our 7th dive for the trip. I came to Thailand having done 4 dives in natural spring in Texas, 3 in Roatan.... I have done 9 dives here!

After the long boat ride back, followed by the taxi, we arrived at our new home for the next two nights, Devanna resort and spa. It was slightly further from the beach and action than our last place, but when they greeted us with some delicious juice and cold towers, I couldn’t have asked for a better place. Trey also got to pet his first elephant in Thailand (see picture!) I still wasn’t feeling the greatest, so we settled in, found the movie channel, and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment